This simple, easy-to-make anti aging facial mask contains a high amount of antioxidants which are essential for keeping your skin healthy and youthful looking. For best results, buy the freshest ingredients you can find and use them as soon as possible.
Makes 1 portion
- 1 medium size, ripe tomato
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- Rinse herbs and tomato thoroughly. Blot dry to remove excess water.
- Mince the fresh parsley and rosemary finely.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces. Place in a mortar and pestle and mash until a smooth purée is obtained. Pour into a clean bowl.
- Place the parsley and rosemary in the mortar and pestle. Pound until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Mix the minced herbs and puréed tomato thoroughly in a clean, dry bowl.
- Apply evenly onto your face and neck area.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse off with luke warm filtered water and pat dry.
Tomato: Rich in natural antioxidants like vitamin C and lycopene, which helps to neutralise free radicals and promote healthy, new skin cells. Its natural astringent and clarifying properties make it a good age-defying ingredient for people with oily, acne-prone skin.
Parsley: Soothes and calms the skin while neutralising free radicals.
Rosemary: Also called “the miracle herb that restores youth”, rosemary is rich in antioxidants that neutralise free radicals and help to keep your skin soft and beautiful.