A natural homemade oily skin mask for getting in control of your overactive sebaceous glands!
Makes 1 portion
- 2 table spoon of freshly-squeezed natural lime juice
- 1 half tomato
- Mix the lime juice and the tomato in a blender or food processor.
- Process until the ingredients form a thin paste, approximately 15 to 20 seconds.
You can use lime juice and tomato pulp daily, although its high acidity may irritate your skin. Discontinue use if this happens.
- With a clean brush or fingertips, apply a thin layer of the mixture to the skin.
- Wrap a towel around your shoulders to prevent getting the mixture on your clothes.
- Leave the lime and tomato mixture on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Apply your regular moisturizer.
The citric acid that is in the lemon will help neutralize the oil production on your face, and to tighten your pores! It also keeps skin PH level in check.
The tomato can help protect against sunburn and skin ageing caused by sunlight exposure.