This mask has a lot of moisturizing and replenishing benefits, which makes it ideal for dry skin! Draws out impurities and leave skin glowing. You can also keep this in your fridge for up to a week!
Makes 1 portion
- 2 table spoons of fresh avocado
- 2 tea spoons of Greek yogurt (plain)
- 2 tea spoons of calcium bentonite clay (you’re most likely to find this at a whole foods supplier)
- 2 drops of fresh lemon juice (this keeps the mask from turning brown).
I suggest using a larger bowl for easier mixing.
- Slice your avocado in half lengthwise and scoop out your 2 tablespoons
- Mash, mix, or grind until there are almost no lumps.
- Add the Greek yogurt and blend. Greek yogurt is more beneficial for your skin than regular yogurt, but you may substitute it if you don’t have Greek available.
- Add Clay and blend until creamy. Need a deeper cleanse? Add 4 tsp of clay instead of 2. Just need the moisture? You can skip the clay all together.
- Add 2 drops of lemon juice and mix well.
- Store in fridge, will keep for seven days.
- Before you put the mask on, be sure your face has been washed dried off.
- Apply mask evenly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- You may feel some tingling, or a pulsing sensation (Don’t freak out, this is normal).
- Now would be a good time to make silly faces in the mirror.
- Using a warm, wet washcloth, remove the mask, be sure to rinse well with warm water.
- Tone and moisturize.
Avocado is packed with vitamins A, B & D that keep your skin moisturized, while the yogurt helps even out discolorations in your skin and also keeps it soft.
Clay helps to pull out any toxins or impurities. That’s what the pulsing sensation is from and the leaves skin fresh, smooth, radiant and soft.
To know more about Facial Rejuvenation Acupressure
The Exercises | Instructions | Testimonials
Very dry Skin Face DIY Mask Recipe